Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pippip and Cherrio!!


Lieber meine Familie,

Another week has gone by and.......none of you have written me.... I am a little disappointed in y'all and for that I am going to move to Europe and not come home for two years.... maybe I'll learn some German, visit Switzerland, Germany, and Austria and Italy without all of you.... Just kidding, but seriously I can't wait to get out there in the real mission field. The missionaries that were here for two weeks (going to missions in England) left this morning and now the MTC is empty as can be... only 20 missionaries here... It is so strange and well kinda sad.

Today we got to visit some Church sites and wow:) I cannot believe how large of a difference England made to the church, so much happened, Heber C. Kimball was so inspired and I wil try to explain everything that I learned but chances are my words will get messed up and none of you will understand what I am trying to say... I would describe myself as being like Nephi being weak in writing and speech. Anyways, we first went to the town square in Preston, where there was this huge obelisk in the center. People would gather there to talk and buy some random food or something. The missionaries that went there, didn't have money to rent a place to preach/teach so they went to the town square and taught people who would listen to them. I am trying to remember who the missionary was, but the first time they preached, after they were done 8 people came up to them and asked to be baptised. There were stories of whole congregations, that were following a minister and all of a sudden the whole congregations would want to be baptised and the preacher would be so angry. I understand why, some people would be anger at the mormons, but it brought so much good:) We also got to visit the house where Gordon B. Hinckley was a missionary, and received the famous letter from his father, "Forget yourself and go to work." It was really a neat tour. There is so much more I could tell you but I don't have time.

This week my testimony has grown so much and I have never felt the spirit so constantly in my life.. I wake up and the spirit is there, I go to class and it's there, I eat food it's there. I feel the Spirit here all the time and I know that I am blessed incredibly. I have gained an appreciation for missionary work in a talk given by David A. Bednar on Christmas day a few years ago, where he said things like, this mission has nothing to do with you.... Learning a language or not has nothing to do with you.. Who cares where about the culture it has nothing to do with you... This mission is where missionaries learn to turn themselves over to Jesus Christ and go to work. This work has nothing to do with me, but I only hope to be worthy to do as He would have done. I love you all! Talk to all of you next week.

Love,
Always and forever,
Elder Annen

 We got to visit this house where Gordon B. Hinckley was a missionary, and received the famous letter from his father, "Forget yourself and go to work." 




No comments:

Post a Comment