Thursday, June 26, 2014

Let's Go! Go! Move! Move!


Hallo Mein Familie!

It's been crazy since I last saw you guys, I now understand why Ashley and Jeremy would say, "So much has happened, and I don't know where to begin!" Jeremy told me to always write a quick summary then, go into detail an something if I have time.....

So quick summary of my week in 5 sentences. Loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnng flight, where I met I nice older lady, who I got to talk to about the church and why I am serving a mission. I have taught 3 lessons to an investigator in GERMAN, and man that is a tough language to learn. The MTC is very small with only about 50 missionaries, and we are divided up by our language we will speak in the field, and mission we are going to, and put into districts. The food here is amazing, I had always heard the British food was bad, but nein, it been sups nice ha^^ And boy have I missed you all, that in writing this email I am almost brought to tears just thinking about all of you...

Well that's the summary of the week... Any questions?

Learning German has been death! Why did I ever take Spanish when all it did was mess me up in ths foreign language? Anyways, I have been so humbled in this past week. I have never thought myself as being prideful, or overconfident (unless I was pretending just to make others laugh) but wow! I have been so humbled! BOOM shut down! I thought picking up German would be easy, but it has been tough. Everyday we have about 3-4 hours of German language study, with a teacher, or on computers, or personal study, and my brain is fried like an egg! Then we are also planning lessons for investigators, eating, getting 8 hours of sleep, devotionals, ummmm... and so much more..

The Elders that room with me are all awesome people! My companion, Elder Hunt (from Sandy, UT, and went to Alta High School), Elder Killpack, Elder Borelli, and Elder Howarth. Elder Killpack and Howarth are from some random place in Utah, and Elder Borelli is from Italy! They are so fun and we have a great time together. Ummmmm...... Today we got to go through the temple and the Preston Temple is amazing:) I will try to send a picture of it next week. It beautiful here in England, so green, full of shrubbery, trees, flowers, green stuff, ohh and it rains like everyday here!!

Let me tell you about our German role-playing investigator as quickly as I can because I am running out of time, ahhhh! His name is Moritz, and he speaks a little bit of English and requested a Book Of Mormon because he googled "God" and the Church popped up! So he requested a Book of Mormon, and so on our first visit we TRIED to teach him about Heavenly Father and our relationship to him... and that conversation didn't go so well... He asked us if we were like Hercules, and went on and on, in a kinda making fun of way, that was not fun to hear because well He is making fun of us. And also I don't really speak German! So our next lesson with him, we wanted to reteach him about Heavenly Father and that didn't go well either, I didn't understand a word he said, but I knew he had a ton of questions that I didn't know how to answer or understand. Then our third lesson we taught the same lesson again, and it was successful so that was really nice.

If you have any questions to ask me please send me some so I know what to write about in my next letter.....

Well I have to go now, so know that I love and miss you all!

Elder Annen
#icantspeakgerman
#yet
#MTC4Life

No comments:

Post a Comment